Software Engineer - Test Automation
3960 Freedom Cir Suite #100 Santa Clara, CA 95054
We believe in a holistic approach to QA testing, from manual to regression to fully automated test suites. We are seeking QA Engineers who want to help build products of the highest quality. Our customers demand the best – having the best and brightest QA Engineers is necessary to achieve this. Automation is key to our QA environment and engineers.
The QA team is our first customer and we strive to ensure we emulate production environments by performing real-world use cases – pulled from the minds of engineers who have built and managed some of the world’ s largest networks.
Since we employ the mantra of CI/CD – we expect our QA Engineers to constantly develop new test cases, improve the test framework, and find new ways to discover the “ corner cases” before our customers can.
As a Software Engineer, Test Automation Specialist at SnapRoute – your voice will always be heard as you are expected to drive:
- Testing methodologies and test plan development
- Advocacy for the customer during functional spec and design reviews
- Knowledge on customer use cases and requirement
- Collaboration with our testing partners
- Development & enhancement of automation framework
- Integration of IXIA, Spirent, and other traffic generator APIs in the framework
- Writing common APIs for validating interop with Cisco, Juniper, Arista, and others
- Integration of automated testbeds with DevOps tools like Git, Jenkins, and Gerrit
- Providing technical support to the test team in automation related tasks
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5 or more years of experience in developing automation frameworks in Python or object-oriented languages
- Strong knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Ethernet, RSTP, VLANs, IP Routing, TCP/IP, OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, IGMP, QoS, hardware platform validation, high availability, and network management
- Firsthand experience of CI/CD pipelines and DevOps toolchains (GitHub, Jenkins, Gerrit)\
- Knowledge of modeling languages like JSON, YAML, or XML
- Proficiency in Python and prior experience in one or more of the following – Golang, C, C++, Java, Perl
- Working experience in a Linux development environment
- Excellent Oral and Written Communications Skills
- Post-grad level education in relevant discipline (Masters, PhD, etc.)
- Experience in writing scripts for and using APIs of traffic generators like IXIA, Spirent, or Xena Networks
- Working experience with REST APIs
- Working knowledge of IPv6 principles and IPv4/IPv6 dual-stack solutions
- Experience with the Linux kernel, drivers, and file systems
- Practical experience with testing data center CLOS topologies
- Experience with configuring Routers and Switches using CLIs or REST APIs
Sr. Technical Recruiter
I have been a Technical recruiter for over 20 years, much of that time with Protingent. My passion is teaching people how to manage their career and effectively look for work. I will keep working with a candidate until we find that right fit. I want to know what your dream job would be so I can help you find it.