Software Engineer - Java Developer
2000 Crow Canyon Place, Suite 150 San Ramon, California 94583 | Contract
Position Title: Software Engineer – Java Developer (Green Card OR US Citizens)
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client GE Digital in San Ramon, CA.
- Experience in Java server side development
- Experience in Spring
- Core Java development
- Hands-on experience in web services (REST, SOAP, OAuth etc.), service brokers, API gateways/proxies, API Development, SQL & NoSQL databases, virtual machines/IaaS, workflow tools, etc.
- Committed to TDD methodology and XP programming techniques
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and Java coding principles
- Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
- Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
- Able to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
- Evaluates technology to drive features and roadmaps.
- Embraces technology trends that drive excellence beyond traditional practices (e.g., Test automation in lieu of traditional QA practices).
- Influences through others; builds direct and " behind the scenes" support for ideas.Able to verbalize what is behind decisions and downstream implications.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or in “ STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- A minimum of 8 years of technical experience in relevant areas and functions within a product/platform organization OR Master’ s degree with 5 years of experience OR PhD with 3 years of experience.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.