Software Development in Test
701 N. 34th Street, Suite 300 Seattle, WA 98103 | Contract To Hire
Position Title: Software Development in Test
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract to hire opportunity with our client in Seattle Washington for an experienced Software Development Engineer:
- Develop libraries in python that control things like: s/w-controlled test equipment (Spectrum Analyzers, Power Meters, etc) and capture devices
- Design and implement complex test flows
- Help create a repeatable and maintainable Linux environment (configuration as code) to be used for our development and testing
- Communicate status regularly with team members in an agile/scrum environment
- Participate in maintaining and extending the CI system for our RF tests
- Communicate and work effectively with other groups like: firmware engineers, electrical engineers, FPGA developers and product owners.
- High degree of proficiency in writing well-formed Python code in a Linux environment
- 3+ years of software development
- Experience writing software that interacts with hardware
- Experience creating, extending and maintaining large test libraries
- Effective communication, able to participate in daily standups and weekly review, planning meetings
- Experience with RFID and or other RF products and testing is a big plus
- Experience with Linux system administration and or Dev Ops is another big plus.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.