Software Designer Engineers
San Jose, CA 95124
Position Title: Software Designer Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in San Jose, California.
- Design, build, and test software and embedded systems
- Development and support of APIs for design creation and automation
- Development and management of software and system requirements and design documentation
- Support all aspects of prototype debug, testing and demonstration
- Good understanding of Git or other version control platforms
- Project or industrial experience with working on a collaborative software project
- Previous systems level software development experience
- Multiple years developing in Python, C, or C++ on Linux
- Experience developing multi-threaded, systems level applications
- Knowledge of Embedded Systems and processor architecture
- Understanding of Computer Architecture
- Good understanding of FPGA fabric
- Knowledge of scripting languages: Shell, Perl, Tcl
- Knowledge of low speed peripherals like IIC, SPI, UART, JTAG
- Good problem solving / debug skills.
- Good verbal / written communication skills and methodical working practices
- Understanding of requirements for system-level design and verification processes
- Knowledge of Vivado will be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of Verilog (preferred) or VHDL and simulation.
- Knowledge of high speed peripherals like SD, USB, Ethernet, TCP/IP protocols, SATA, PCI Express, Display Port will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of automation frameworks and webserver development will be an added advantage.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.