Software Design Engineer
11811 Willows Rd. NE Redmond, Washington 98052 | Contract
Position Title: Software Design Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Redmond, Washington for an experienced Software Engineer:
- Responsible for the design, modeling, development and testing of a machine, structure or system.
- Develop functional requirements. Understands and applies standard engineering principles.
- Create simulations and prototypes to evaluate
- Perforce or similar, Doxygen, LabView, Matlab, Microsoft Visual Stud.
- Knowledge in embedded system design required.
- Understand integration of software and hardware required.
- Competent with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.).
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Eagerness to assist internal and external customers. Possess attention to detail. Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- B.S. in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field. M.S. in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years experience.
- Experience with designing software products in an FDA or other regulated industry.
- Familiar with concepts of design input, design output, traceability, and risk analysis.
- Able to debug software and hardware/schematics at higher level using logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, and simulators.
- Experience in concurrent cross-platform development preferred.
- Demonstrates mastery in system level software (drivers, RTOS, and test applications) in embedded environment.
- Expertise in debugging embedded systems without or with little emulator support. Understands product development processes including: Change Control & Design Control. Software Development Life Cycle .
- Fluent in: C/C++, Object Oriented Coding, Windows Embedded Agile Testing Tools: CodeWarrior
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.