Software Design Engineer
11811 Willows Rd. NE Redmond, Washington 98052 | Contract
Job Title: Software Design Engineer
Job Description: Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of a particular field of specialization to the completion of difficult assignments. Reports observations/problems clearly and concisely, recognizing and highlighting specific deviations and presents possible solutions. Develops system level design strategies and may lead design, development, testing & refinement of components and sub-systems. Development follows Invent It, Make It, Sell It procedures. Usually works with minimum of supervision, conferring with superior on unusual matters. May be assisted by Design Engineer. Under general supervision, plans, conducts and supervises assignments. Reviews progress and evaluates results. Recommends changes in procedures and processes. Assignments are broad in nature, requiring originality and ingenuity. Has appreciable latitude for unreviewed action or decision. Guide and direct design engineers and senior design engineers in the same project. Fundamental understanding of IPC and IEC requirements as well as ISO organization related to electrical. Perform formal risk analysis and develop software mitigations. SW build, change control, and development/test process improvement. Development of research prototypes used to evaluate new product concepts. A desire to deliver a quality and innovative product that improves lives. Contribute to the definition and specification of future designs. Own/Support all phases of the product development lifecycle including design, implementation, debug, verification, validation, and transfer to manufacturing.
- B.S. in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field. M.S. in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years experience.
- Experience with designing software products in an FDA or other regulated industry.
- Familiar with concepts of design input, design output, traceability, and risk analysis.
- Able to debug software and hardware/schematics at higher level using logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, and simulators.
- Experience in concurrent cross-platform development preferred.
- Demonstrates mastery in system level software (drivers, RTOS, and test applications) in embedded environment.
- Expertise in debugging embedded systems without or with little emulator support. Understands product development processes including: Change Control & Design Control. Software Development Life Cycle .
- Fluent in: C/C++, Object Oriented Coding, Windows Embedded Agile Testing Tools: CodeWarrior,
- Perforce or similar, Doxygen, LabView, Matlab, Microsoft Visual Stud.
- Knowledge in embedded system design required.
- Understand integration of software and hardware required.
- Competent with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.).
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Eagerness to assist internal and external customers. Possess attention to detail. Must be able to work with minimal supervision
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.