Senior Staff Embedded Firmware Engineer
6222 185th Ave. NE Redmond, Washington 98052 | Direct Hire
Position Title: Senior Staff Embedded Firmware Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Redmond, WA
- Embedded Firmware Development for Display and 3D sensing products.
- System design & Software Architecture utilizing Embedded Firmware implementation.
- Bringing up processors/software on new system designs.
- Test integration with platform-wide test and qualification infrastructure.
- Document and communicate design work.
- Conduct design reviews.
- Embedded Real-Time Software Development
- Development experience with Embedded ARM Processor Cores, within mixed-signal System-On-Chip (SoC) platforms.
- Low level hardware device drivers. Experience in interfacing at chip level with various peripherals and devices thru I2C, SPI, USB, MIPI, etc.
- Embedded Real-Time Kernels/Operating Systems.
- Basic knowledge of DSP; Fourier Transforms, Digital Filters (FIR, IIR)
- Basic knowledge of feedback control systems
- Fluent in C/C++
- Familiar with Python
- ARM Development Tools; e.g., GNU, Keil
- Direct interaction with hardware – use of Oscilloscopes and bench instruments as necessary.
- Ability to collaborate closely with cross-functional engineers, program managers and vendors
- Document and communicate original designs
- Required Experience
- Experience with bringing up and developing on Embedded Linux on ARM Platforms.
- Experience in bringing up processors/software on new board/SoC designs.
- Experience with instrumentation and hardware/software co-design and debug.
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP) and Control Systems
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.