Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
1300 S El Camino Real Suite 600 San Mateo, CA 94402
Position Title: Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in San Mateo, California.
- Debugs software products using systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for company products.
- Develops, modifies, and executes software test plans.
- Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures.
- Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software.
- Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action.
- Consults with development engineers in resolution of problems.
- Provides feedback in preparation of technical appraisals of programming languages, systems, and computation software.
- Ensures quality computer integration into the overall functions of scientific computation, data acquisition, and processing.
- Develop expertise in our product solutions, and use that expertise and your experience to help design and qualify the solution as a whole.
- Clearly understand the components that compose the product solution.
- Create test plans and automated test cases for assigned components.
- Execute and automate test cases and perform bug tracking and management.
- Contribute to building a flexible and scalable automation solution.
- Work closely with the design team to help create an amazing user experience.
- Help create and implement quality processes and requirements.
- Work closely with the team to replicate customer environments.
- Own the release decision. Weigh the business needs against quality, listen to the opinions of others, work to gain consensus, and be willing to hold the release... even when it’ s not the popular decision.
- Identify and communicate risks about our releases. Look beyond your specific area of responsibility and ensure our products deliver value to our customers.
- Be able to own and make quality decisions for the solution.
- Be a customer advocate.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field and 5+ years industry experience
- A track record showing that you are a highly motivated individual, capable of coming up with creative, innovative and working solutions in a collaborative environment
- Eager to learn from peers
- Experience testing relational databases, data warehousing, data processing or other types of data platforms.
- Proficient in one or more programming language such as Python, Java, C# or C++.
- Experience testing distributed systems
- Experience testing enterprise applications
- Strong knowledge of QA methodologies
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.