Senior RF Engineer
1800 Bridge Parkway Redwood City, California 94065 | Direct Hire
Position Title: Senior RF Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Redwood City, CA.
- MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering; combination of BS degree and/or equivalent years of experience may be substituted for education requirement
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience; with medical device experience preferred.
- Design and development of class III implantable Neuromodulation system components.
- Provide creativity while solving complex problems without known solutions.
- Works on multiple projects in a deadline driven environment.
- Designs, runs, and gathers data for experiments. Participates in the design of new test methods and procedures.
- Significantly self-directed. Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results. (Recommendation of assignments is often self-initiated.)
- Applies technical principles, theories and concepts, in addition to developing new development principles and concepts towards the solution of complex technical problems and provides solutions which are innovative and ingenious.
- Proactively identifies areas of developmental risk and communicates these to management accordingly.
- Responsible for planning, developing, coordinating, and directing engineering development or a number of small projects with many complex features, utilizing internal and external resources.
- Contributes to the intellectual property base of the Company via active communication of new concepts to management.
- Works in accordance with quality system procedures and actively enforces its objectives
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment.
- Requires the ability to travel approximately 10% of the time throughout the United States and internationally.
- RF simulation tools (Ansys HFSS desired)
- Implanted and body-worn antenna design
- Benchtop RF measurements
- Design and fabrication of RF measurement fixtures
- Specification, evaluation, and measurement of RF materials
- Anechoic chamber RF measurements
- PCB design for RF signals and matching networks
- FCC part 15 regulations
- Link budgets, propagation and fading models
- Telemetry for implanted medical devices
- RF testing in human body phantoms
- FDA regulations for implanted radios
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.