Senior Linux and Embedded Software Engineer
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025 | Contract
Position Title: Senior Linux and Embedded Software Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Menlo Park, California.
- Design, develop, code, test and debug system software
- Write device drivers, unit tests and create software documentation
- Work closely with cross functional leads to build demos and prototypes to test core concepts, technology edges, and the intersection of tech with human interaction
- Work with 3rd party and open source software
- Debug product, bring up boards and resolve issues on hardware platforms
- Feature and system testing and verification
- Candidate should have experience with developing firmware for consumer electronics .
- Candidate should be able to demonstrate strong architecture, design and optimization skills and be able to communicate solutions clearly to a larger team.
- Experience with embedded systems development/firmware
- Detailed knowledge of electrical engineering theory and practical applications
- Experience with Linux and driver development
- Proficiency with C
- Experience with common hardware interfaces like SPI, I2C, UART, USB, DMA, Flash and GPIO’ s
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal technical communications skills
- Knowledge about simulation tools not necessary, but a plus
- Experience with kernel development
- Experience with Android
- Knowledge of operating systems, device drivers, ARM
- Knowledge of hardware/software integration of cameras and video
- A willingness and desire to take initiative
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.