Senior Electrical Engineer PM
6375 San Ignacio Ave San Jose, CA 95119 | Contract To Hire
Position Title: Senior Electrical Engineer PM
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract to hire opportunity with our client in San Jose, California.
- Engage early in the proposal process to help assess and understand clients’ needs
- Provide electrical engineering input for project planning, budgeting and risk management
- Participate on product development teams consisting of mechanical, electrical, firmware, and industrial designers with responsibility for the quality and content of electrical engineering project work, including interaction and collaboration with clients
- Contribute engineering knowledge and experience on a wide range of early-stage projects, including technical feasibility, architecture generation, power budgeting, etc.
- Circuit development and analysis, including schematics and simulation, component specification, BOM development, and sourcing
- Inform, oversee, and review PCB layouts
- Project manage the project work, including that of additional on-site or remote team members
- Liaise with contract manufacturers, including manufacturing quality and test planning
- Bring-up, debug and qualify PCBs and electrical / firmware sub-systems
- Maintain a high standard of customer service and professional guidance
- Embody and promote a results-oriented culture of teamwork, respect, excellence, integrity, and accountability
- Conceptualize ways of providing new and improved value to our customers
- Bachelor’ s of Science in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering.
- Plus 10 years experience, preferably in a product development environment.
- At least 2 years of electronics experience taking board and system level products successfully from design to production.
- Solid experience with microprocessors (8, 16, 32 bit) and interfaces such as, I2C, UART, SPI, DDR
- Solid experience in sensor interfaces and control, covering the wide spectrum of the analog to digital realm of product development
- Solid familiarity with firmware development for embedded systems (firmware coding experience a plus)
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.