Senior Electrical Engineer
6375 San Ignacio Ave San Jose, CA 95119 | Contract To Hire
Position Title: Senior Electrical Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract to hire opportunity with our client in San jose, California.
- Bachelor’ s of Science in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Plus 10 years experience preferably in a product development environment
- At least 4 years of electronics and firmware experience of developing embedded system products
- Solid experience with developing firmware for microprocessors (8, 16, 32-bit)
- Solid experience in sensor interfaces and control, covering the wide spectrum of the analog to digital realm of product development
- Engage early in the proposal process to help assess and understand clients’ needs
- Provide electrical, firmware and software engineering input for project planning, budgeting and risk management
- Participate on product development teams consisting of mechanical, electrical, firmware, and industrial designers with responsibility for the quality and content of electrical engineering project work, including interaction and collaboration with clients
- Firmware and software development, including selecting, setting up and supporting multiple integrated development environments.
- Develop test programs and procedures for unit testing of electronic product systems or subsystems
- Contribute engineering knowledge and experience on a wide range of early-stage projects, including technical feasibility, architecture generation, proof-of-concepts, etc.
- Circuit development, including schematics, component specification, BOM development, and sourcing
- Bring-up, debug and qualify PCBs and electrical / firmware sub-systems
- Maintain a high standard of customer service and professional guidance
- Embody and promote a results-oriented culture of teamwork, respect, excellence, integrity, and accountability
- Conceptualize ways of providing new and improved value to our customers
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.