Security Analyst, Vulnerability Management
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, California 98101 | Contract
Position Title: Security Analyst, Vulnerability Management
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Menlo Park, CA.
- Triage incoming software, systems, and infrastructure vulnerabilities on a daily basis.
- Research and reproduce vulnerabilities and the ideal way to mitigate them.
- Proactively update service and system owners of potential vulnerabilities and work with them on resolution.
- Configure internal tooling to automate repetitive manual process Create security tasks from different programs and work with security engineers and engineering teams to classify and fix security bugs.
- Capture metrics and use data to measure impact and drive internal improvements.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Basic understanding of information security principles.
- Experience with infrastructure technologies, system administration, vulnerability management and/or network security.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem-solving skills, detail oriented & organized approach, excellent communication, developed interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and simultaneous projects in a fast paced environment.
- Experience in a tech field and understanding of web application architectures
- Experience with security tools such as vulnerability scanners (Nessus, Qualys, Nexpose)
- Experience working in a web/tech company is highly desirable.
- Experience with query languages and data visualization tools (i.e. tableau)
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.