San Jose, California 94010 | Direct Hire
Position Title: Sales Manager
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting Direct Hire opportunity with our client in San Jose, California for an experienced Sales Manager.
- Grow our business on the US West Coast with focus on car and commercial truck makers (OEMs), suppliers and technology companies.
- Be pro-active in identifying new business opportunities and explore adjacent industries to grow into
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships with a frequent and consistent on-site presence in your accounts
- Create and execute strategic account management plans with new customer accounts.
- Assure good alignment between the sales team and the technical counterparts within the company (customer center, product expert group).
- Partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives (create awareness before potential customers issue formal requests for quote, whenever possible).
- Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations.
- Establish and monitor sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for the US West Coast.
- Work closely together with product management to ensure success for existing and new products.
- Network with the other Account Teams to learn from each other and to generate new business for the company.
- Be responsible for quote reviews, complex negotiations and deal closing, based on sound market understanding.
- Coordinate all sales activities (acquisition, development, production, post production until end of product life).
- Identify key areas for improvement in the sales process.
- Attend industry events and conferences to generate new business leads.
- Ensure overall customer satisfaction.
- Previous experience and success as a sales executive, sales manager, or other comparable experience in the Automotive domain.
- Existing, well-respected relationships with West Coast based automotive and commercial truck companies executive management and purchasing departments
- Proven sales experience in meeting or exceeding targets.
- Ability to communicate, present, and influence all levels of the organization, including management and senior management level.
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from planning to closing.
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services.
- Proven ability to position products against competitors.
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Strong leadership skills and an ability to inspire the sales team.
- Ability to detect trends in the market and to create business out of them.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.