1 Microsoft Way Redmond, WA 98052 | Contract
Position Title: SDET
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Redmond, Washington.
- Analyze designs and develop overall test plans, perform repeatable testing procedures and processes for hardware.
- Verify installation instructions, APIs, triggers, stored procedures, referential integrity, hardware product, or system specifications.
- Interpret and modify code as required including C/C++, batch files, Python, Java, SQL queries, stored procedures and/or triggers.
- Identify and define project team quality and risk metrics.
- Provide assistance to other testers.
- Application/System/Inter-System level issues will be the major focus in addition to designing and developing robust automated test harnesses.
- Willing to travel internationally at times to support manufacturing activities. You must be able to work well with international contract manufacturers.
- The job scope includes application/system performance, threading issues, bottleneck identification, writing small footprint and less intrusive code for critical code testing, tackle system/application intermitted failures, etc.
- Require enterprise level configuration skills.
- 3+ yrs.software testing experience including automation testing, device test, and system function/ performance test.
- Must have general knowledge of software quality assurance practices.
- Must have the ability to read and write at least one programming language such as C#, C/C++, Python, or Java.
- Knowledge of personal computer hardware and consumer electronics is highly preferred.
- Experience on communication with cross-function team preferred.
- Writing testing script experience may be required.
- Demonstrated project management ability required.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.