Building 88 88/3726 Redmond, Washington 98052 | Contract
Position Title: Software Design Engineer in Test
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Redmond, Washington.
- Support team in the verification of software, firmware and drivers for video capture.
- Ideal candidate has 2-5 years Firmware/Embedded experience
- Testing in support of verification includes driver stability, HLK, application compatibility and E2E scenario testing.
- The successful candidate will have good oral and written communication skills, be detail oriented following test procedures and reporting results and apply their knowledge and experience to document reliable and repeatable test cases for bugs.
- Diploma in Computer Science Tech, Electrical Engineering Tech, Electronics Engineering Technology or related areas
- Ability to work independently to achieve goal-based results
- Detailed-oriented to assure high quality of test execution
- Experience with bug reporting and tracking
- Experience documenting test procedures
- Good written and oral communication skills Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of a standard programming language C, C++, C#, etc.
- Experience scripting with PS, Python, Perl
- Experience testing software that relies on application specific hardware
- Experience running HCK tests
- Experience with standard PC video capture applications including Skype, MovieMaker, camera
- Knowledge and experience with changing digital camera controls and settings
- Knowledge of Media foundation or dshow framework a plus
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.