RF Test Technician
Redmond, Washington 98052 | Contract
Position Title: RF Test Technician
Position Description: Our Redmond client is looking for a skilled RF Test Technician to join the team.
- Ability to operate RF test equipment such as network analyzers.
- Ability to operate antenna test chambers such as Near field and Compact Far Field.
- Ability to troubleshoot test setup failures, mechanical motor malfunctions, software crashes, and similar occurrences as would happen during product testing.
- Technical knowledge of RF communication products; familiarity with terms such as “ gain,” “ dB,” etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot machinery and fixtures (cables, connectors, etc.) used in test chambers.
- Ability to communicate information using standard Microsoft applications including Excel, Word, Office, PowerPoint, Project and Visio.
- Ability to use company-wide tools and systems to execute the key duties and responsibilities of the job.
- Minimum of three years’ experience running and troubleshooting electronic test equipment, particularly RF test equipment.
- Minimum three years’ experience operating test chambers for electronic products.
- Additional experience running environmental chambers.
- Additional experience with test engineering and RF products such as antennas or amplifiers highly desirable.
- Orbit 959 software experience highly desirable.
- Associate’ s degree in electronics or related field highly desired. Additional relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Associate’ s degree.
- Mount antennas and other RF hardware for testing in RF and environmental chambers.
- Run RF and environmental tests, monitor such tests for product failure or chamber failure, and troubleshoot any failures to minimize test interruptions.
- Communicate test results for each shift.
- Be available for second shift and weekend work.
- Must be able to lift to 50 pounds
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.