RF Test Engineer
Building 88 Redmond, WA 98052 | Contract
Position Title: RF Test Engineer
Position Description: Our Eastside client is looking for an RF Test Engineer for a long-term contract role.
• Evaluate the impact of system noise on the WLAN 802.11abgn/ac and proprietary wireless radios
• Automated TIS measurements in Bluetest reverberation and Satimo chambers, calibrating test systems
• Qualify various EMI gasketing and shielding solutions to mitigate noise
• Disassemble prototype products, change out various internal components, find noise contributors
• Experiment and make hardware modifications to find and eliminate RF noise issues, e.g. copper tape, soldering, design of experiments, etc
• Collect data on multiple prototypes to get statistical desense of population
• Work with automation engineer to automate various types of manual tests
• Use internal and external automated software programs for data collection
• Automated (and manual) near-field probing
• Hands-on experience with RF equipment, cables, connectors, and antennas
• Spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, measurement antennas, and reverb or anechoic chambers
• CMW500 or other signaling test equipment
• Take apart and reassemble consoles, install EMI gaskets, inspect motherboard, chassis, and other components
• Ability to organize and collect data for complex configurations of test conditions and DUTs, and communicate exact results to team
• Run commands and automated tools that require basic cmd usage
• Understanding of wireless system, link budget, TRP and TIS, noise figure, antenna gain and pattern, impedance matching, s-parameters, spurious emissions, shielding, near-field vs far-field
• Flexible to handle last-minute test needs multi-task multiple requests
• BSEE or related, experience desired
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.