R&D Systems Test Engineer
170 Rose Orchard Way, San Jose, California 95134 | Contract
Position Title: Software Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in San Jose, California.
- This position involves the testing of transducers for new liquid handling instrumentation.
- Qualified candidates must be able to work independently and as a member of multi-disciplined development teams, executing tasks on-time and to spec.
- System level testing of new hardware
- Verification and validation of new device features
- Development of new calibration methods
- Design of Experiments
- Data Analysis
- Hands-on data collection and analysis with engineering prototypes
- Participate in research, development, and design validation for new hardware
- Define and execute the design verification test plans
- Analyze device performance and areas of failure.
- Suggest and implement product and process improvements.
- Work with team to define and improve detailed technical specs
- Specify procedures and required tools for system test
- BS+5yrs, or MS+3yrs, or PhD in Engineering, Chemistry, or Physics
- Experience in the development and test of analytical instrumentation
- Ability to work with Hardware and Software engineers to integrate, test, and troubleshoot electronic, mechanical, and software subsystems
- Hands-on experience with lab and electronic instrumentation and tools (liquid handlers, scopes)
- Analytical, methodical, and detail-oriented planning, experimentation, and analysis
- Experience with MATLAB, Python or similar engineering analysis tools
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Superior problem-solving skills
- Tenacious and deadline driven
- Knowledge of chemistry and good lab practices
- Ability to write macros and test routines
- Ability to design test fixtures
- Some understanding of signal processing
- Experience with ultrasonic devices
- Experience using statistics and DOE methods for process optimization
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
Sr. Technical Recruiter
I have been a Technical recruiter for over 20 years, much of that time with Protingent. My passion is teaching people how to manage their career and effectively look for work. I will keep working with a candidate until we find that right fit. I want to know what your dream job would be so I can help you find it.