Beaverton, OR 97124
Position Title: QA Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Beaverton, Oregon.
- Develop automated tests in Python for BMC embedded system software, to guarantee current and future UCS hardware and software have quality.
- Maintain our BMC automated tests, and modify tests as needed.
- Execute our automated tests against Intel x86-processor based UCS servers, and against UCS switches – all UCS hardware and software.
- Develop manual tests against Intel x86-processor based UCS servers and BMC embedded system software.
- Maintain our master test plan, which includes updating, removing, modifying and sorting test case procedures and pass/fail criteria.
- Execute manual tests against Intel x86-processor based UCS servers and BMC embedded system software.
- Find system software and hardware defects, to guarantee UCS servers, software and hardware release to our customers with quality.
- Report defects found in our defect tracking tool.
- Reproduce defects as needed by the development teams.
- Verify system software and hardware fixes as they become available from development groups, which includes reporting what was tested for verification and closing the reports.
- Executing nightly stress, longevity and endurance tests against BMC system software, prior to consumption from other UCS teams.
- Executing weekend tests to guarantee software and hardware quality.
- Execute daily functional and system tests against BMC system software, for continuous integration with other UCS software and hardware.
- Execute daily tests so that we can deploy BMC system software to our customers continuously.
- Interview BMC quality assurance (QA) applicants.
- Mentor BMC QA team members and interns.
- Present technical findings in new and existing BMC technologies to BMC QA team members.
- Produce technical support logs on all reported issues.
- Debug and analyze hardware and software issues, including BMC issues, storage, operating system, and networking issues.
- Looking for errors and failures and faults in UCS software and hardware, and specifically BMC system software.
- Knowledge, debug and analysis of security features in hardware and software including Cisco’ s ACT2 (h/w) authentication and secure boot features, and BMC root of trust, which guarantees a genuine UCS product.
- Knowledge and reporting on chassis and blade/server thermal and fan spin up issues.
- Knowledge and reporting on blade/server alarms and faults.
- Knowledge and reporting on Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) software and sensor issues, and being able to correctly fake sensors.
- Knowledge and reporting on BMC Networking issues.
- Knowledge and reporting on Virtual Keyboard, Video, and Mouse (KVM) issues.
- Knowledge and reporting on Virtual media issues.
- Knowledge and reporting on Inband out outband IPv4 and IPv6 issues.
- Knowledge and reporting on Graphical Processor Units (GPUs) issues.
- Knowledge and reporting on Secure Digital device issues.
- Knowledge and reporting on Power Capping issues.
- Knowledge and reporting on Power Management and Node Manager issues.
- Knowledge and reporting on Management Engine issues.
- Knowledge and reporting of Non-Volatile Memory (NVMe) issues.
- Knowledge and reporting of hardware issues, like correctable and uncorrectable ECC errors.
- Knowledge and reporting of “ will boot” failures. “ Will boot” failures are failures that prevent the blade/server from powering on.
- Knowledge and reporting on additional BMC embedded software features which includes, factory reset, block transfer, processor built in self-test, field-replaceable unit, serial-over-lan, IPMI-sel, power policy, board controller update, firmware update and activation, and web services.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
Sr. Technical Recruiter
I have been a Technical recruiter for over 20 years, much of that time with Protingent. My passion is teaching people how to manage their career and effectively look for work. I will keep working with a candidate until we find that right fit. I want to know what your dream job would be so I can help you find it.