Prototype Assembly Technician
Redmond, Washington 98052 | Contract To Hire
Position Title: Prototype Assembly Technician
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Redmond, WA for an exceptional Prototype Assembly Technician.
The Prototype Assembly Technician works with: Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electrical and RF Engineers, under general supervision, to assemble and test electromechanical antenna assemblies. The successful candidate is a self-motivated team player with a proven track record in assembling complicated electromechanical devices in a prototype environment while maintaining accurate documentation.
- Using assembly instructions /drawings/process specifications and various small hand tools, assembles a variety of complex electromechanical equipment assemblies to meet fast-paced demonstration and prototype requirements
- Assembles prototype, initial production final assemblies and sub-assemblies following verbal direction, prototype drawings and written work instructions.
- Completes quality assembly work in a timely manner
- Visually inspects assemblies in progress to ensure compliance to specifications, assembly drawings and schematics
- Completes and maintains necessary paperwork. Ensures paperwork is compliant with quality instructions and manufacturing work instructions
- Actively participates in Lean and 5s initiatives
- Maintains the highest ethical standards, even when challenged
- Performs other duties as required
- Must have excellent working knowledge of RF connectors and cables
- Minimum 2 years of experience in electronic or electro-mechanical related assembly work
- Basic computer knowledge required
- Ability to quickly master assembly equipment which may include robotic dispensers, laser cutters and metrology equipment.
- Ability to use company-wide tools and systems to execute the key duties and responsibilities of the job.
- Knowledge of ESD/Hazmat/Chemical handling procedures
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- High school education; related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Associates degree preferred.
- Good eye/hand coordination (can work with small parts and assemblies.)
- Programming of Fisnar Dispensing machines is a plus
- Programming of a CMM is a plus
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidate
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.