15055 SW Sequoia Pkwy, Suite 100 Portland, Oregon 97224 | Direct Hire
Position Title: Project Manager
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Portland, Oregon.
- Provide leadership for successful execution of orders/programs
- Primary point of contact with account managers regarding project scope, status, and issue resolution
- Broad technical base to understand all elements of the solution. Design level expertise is not required, but the technical foundation to understand all the elements of a particular system and how they inter-relate is critical.
- IT related SW and HW technologies
- Network architectures and associated technologies (e.g. switching, routing, firewalls, VPN’ s, etc.)
- Commercial wireless technologies (802.11 and private cellular)
- Basic hardware knowledge related to power, heat, cables, connectors, labeling, etc.
- Configuration Management of multiple technical baselines
- Understanding of P/N structures, ERP, order entry, and order fulfillment
- Familiarity with manufacturing and IT configuration controls in a production environment
- Develop and maintain overall program schedule of activities
- Microsoft Project Schedule of tasks, activities, milestones, and deliverables
- Coordinate with organizations within regarding resource needs
- Proactively pursue solutions and work arounds for schedule challenges
- Be single point of contact within the organization for all information regarding timing, task scope, and status
- Active participation in technical discussions as these will impact program performance. The ability to understand technical discussions and tradeoffs is critical.
- Transition of programs through lab evaluation, field evaluation, low rate initial production, and full rate production phases
- Particular emphasis is required in the enablement of the transition from low rate production to full rate production
- Ensure tools and personnel are in-place to meet scaling demands of the program in a production environment
- Anticipate problems and provide pro-active measures
- Onsite attendance is required. Primary duties will occur at Headquarters. Occasional travel to customer facilities (usually East Coast) may be required.
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years’ experience of Project Management experience of technology based projects
- Experience with Government/DoD projects is a plus.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Strong technical skills in the area of networking, security, and IT technologies. While not an engineering position, the technology drives the program. The ability to understand and participate in the resolution of technical issues is critical.
- Experience with Government CDRL’ s and compliant delivery as defined in contracts/orders
- Ability to create and maintain Microsoft Project based program schedules of significant complexity
- Ability to create and maintain multiple project plans for each separate CSfC project which outline technical scope, deliverables, and resources required for success.
- Ability to work across departmental lines for successful project deliveries is required
- Strong experience base with Bills of Material (HW and SW), ERP, Supply Chain Constraints, and Configuration Management
- Excellent people and communication skills across multiple disciplines
- A technical degree and/or formal IT/Security/Networking certifications are a plus
- Excellent communication skills required
- Attention to detail required
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.