11911 North Creek Parkway South Bothell, WA 98011
Position Title: Project Manager
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Bothell, Washington.
- Lead the process for the scoping, resource identification, initiation, development and execution of the integrated development strategy for one or more Drug, Device and / or Drug/Device projects.
- Manages the development and approval of the Product Development Plan (PDP)/ operational development plan together with core project team including achievable timelines, project milestones, stage gate decision criteria, financial and resource planning and tracking, risk assessment and contingency planning. Ensures updates on an annual basis, at stage gates and when significant changes occur. Facilitates presentation of significant PDP changes to the Portfolio Review Board (PRB) for resolution.
- Drives cross-functional alignment and associated commitment of departmental resources to facilitate the execution of the operational plan
- Leads project team milestone setting process and takes milestone ownership, along with core team
- Accountable for monitoring and tracking the project against approved timelines and milestones, and ensures adherence to agreed-upon team milestones and deliverables. Prepares, in conjunction with core team, project reports relevant to facilitate go / no-go stage gate transition decisions
- Deep understanding of key drivers of critical path and be able to challenge functional inputs that impact agreed timeline of drug / device approval
- Manages prioritization of project team activities to enhance program value
- In support of the Project Leader acts as spokesperson for the project, and may represent project internally and externally. Expected to be subject matter expert of operational implementation of project strategic objectives
- Responsible for ensuring all project information to support effective management of the overall portfolio is entered into internal and external systems and databases, and all data is accurate and is updated in a timely manner in accordance with guidance and agreed frequency
- Identifies risks and constraints, and to lead project core team processes to effectively mitigate drivers of risk
- Accountable for oversight of accurate project forecasting, and responsible in concert with core project team members for tracking and adherence of function-specific forecasts to overall project budget and project quarterly spend commitments. Should possess sufficient project knowledge to challenge department timelines and financial forecast as necessary
- Owns project reporting including formalized and agreed project strategic plan, milestone attainment, budget variance, timeline tracking, stage-gate based probability of success assessment and other requirements for project valuation
- Interacts with senior leadership and other stakeholders based on project knowledge using superior communication skills
- Runs effective and efficient project team meetings using project management best practices. Sets realistic, standardized issue-driven agendas that cover financial oversight, project issues including resource constraints and other drivers of project success, plus provide meeting minutes that provide clear understanding of action items, risks and decisions.
- Facilitates decision analysis and issue resolution within the team environment by providing analysis frameworks and decision methodologies that will help the team develop and recommend options. Ensure communication of project issues that require Sr. leadership input.
- Identifies and resolves conflicts at project team level and between project team and functions. Builds a collaborative and supportive team
- Demonstrates the ability to work in matrix organization with often competing or undefined deliverables
- Ensuring that all interactions and engagements are carried out with the highest ethical and professional standards and that all work is accomplished with quality and in accordance with client' s values.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certified preferred
- Advanced Project Management skills and application of basic methodology based on experience and real-world knowledge
- Substantial experience in the life-sciences or drug/device industry
- Excellent team, relationship building and people management skills
- Previous work experience in global drug/device development teams across multiple locations both nationally and internationally
- Broad operational experience with an understanding of drug/device development process
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory and business requirements preferred
- Demonstrable financial acumen, understands basic financial aspects, including knowledge of resource planning both headcount and budget
- University degree, preferably in life science subject
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and MS Project or other Enterprise Project Management Systems
- Excellent planning and organizing skills with ability to set clear expectations and the tenacity to drive projects to conclusion
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team-orientated and flexibility to pull various functions together to execute
- Competent administrator who pays attention to detail
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to influence without authority in a matrixed and global environment
- Successful Project Managers will possess the level of competency defined in the Project Management Competency matrix for their level.
- Employees from a non-Project Management function may enter the Project Management Office (PMO) at any level as long as they demonstrate the PM competencies at the desired level.
- Ability to critically and objectively interpret and evaluate scientific and competitive, business related information
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.