Project Manager - Network Tooling
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, California 94025 | Contract
Position Title: Project Manager - Network Tooling
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Menlo Park, CA.
- Manage deployment, operations, tooling, and ongoing support of experimental and commercial off-the-shelf wired and wireless technologies in complex and diverse environments.
- Work with team to align network tooling programs to large strategic tooling objectives and big bets and ensure they understand the big picture and goals Manage deployment, operations, tooling, and ongoing support of experimental and commercial off-the-shelf wired and wireless technologies in complex and diverse environments.
- Identify operational pain points and opportunities to improve business practices and drive internal software product improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Provide hands on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases of software.
- Lead/Support all business readiness activities including training, testing and rollout. Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Foster a culture of data driven decision making.
- Identify areas of risk and drive mitigation with subject matter experts within the organization.
- Review operational issues and determine if a software solution is required or a process correction needs to be made.
- Conduct business process re-engineering reviews to innovate on business processes and define ways to improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Elicit detailed business requirements by engaging the business to capture clear functional design artifacts using techniques like use cases, data diagrams and process flow diagrams.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in Project Management with a demonstrated track record of delivering business value using technology solutions in high-tech operations space.
- Work experience in Network-centric product management/development: building scalable platforms, driving enterprise tooling initiatives, and translating strategic initiatives into software product roadmaps Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt and learn new skill sets.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and organizational skills with a clear focus under pressure.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated attention to detail.
- Be independent, thorough, and results-orientated in examination and analysis.
- Ability to collaborate with different individuals across external organizations, within other geographies, and " roll-up the sleeves" in order to accomplish all necessary tasks.
- Cross-functional leadership skills.
- Resourceful, action-orientated with the ability to get things done and overcome obstacles and develop creative solutions to problems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Bachelor' s degree in business, computer science, systems engineering, electrical engineering, or a related field.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Associate level network certifications (CCNA or JNCIA) or higher
- Experience with Software Defined Network (SDN)
- Experience with robotics, machine learning, and computer vision
- Web or Internet start-up environment and technical infrastructure management experience
- Familiarity with the scrum methodology
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Sr. Technical Recruiter
I have been a Technical recruiter for over 20 years, much of that time with Protingent. My passion is teaching people how to manage their career and effectively look for work. I will keep working with a candidate until we find that right fit. I want to know what your dream job would be so I can help you find it.