2000 Crow Canyon Place, Suite 150 San Ramon, California 94583 | Contract
Position Title: Product Manager
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in San Ramon, CA.
We' re looking for a PM to lead machine learning product initiatives. This individual must demonstrate strategic thinking, the capability to work cross-functionally across organizations, and an aptitude for driving PM lifecycles. This individual will work externally with customers/partners and interface with internal software/data science teams to deliver high quality software and artificial intelligence solutions in a fast-paced, challenging, and creative setting
- Drive day to day internal activities required to commercialize machine learning data science by working directly with software engineers and data scientists
- Work closely with product managers to drive their respective Artificial Intelligence product roadmaps
- Work closely with product marketing teams to ensure commercial viability of all developed solutions
- Work with customer engagement, technical product management and technical leads to translate solution concepts into specific technical deliverables and integrations
- Define tasks priorities and drive release and sprint planning based on priorities
- Develop and manage product backlog to ensure deliverable to meet schedules and milestones
- Lead and drive process change and improvement
- Foresee risks and create risk management solutions as appropriate
- Correctly represent the urgency of issues and communicate and escalate issues appropriately
- Proactively capture, track and drive all issues to closure
- Regularly communicate the project status stakeholders and customers
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or in “ STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in Project/Program/Development of software products OR Master’ s degree with 3 years of experience in Project/Program/Development of software products.
- Must be willing to travel if necessary (15-30%)
- Deep understanding of machine learning technologies and impact on state of the industry
- Knowledge and proven experience in developer tools, notably continuous integration and continuous deployment technologies
- Proactively drives portfolio and investment decision to balance customer needs, install base requirements (refresh) and long-term enterprise differentiation. Evangelizes concepts beyond current offerings and considers business model innovation (product, service and delivery innovations
- Defines and/or influences pricing strategy for product/ services and alignment across functions and organizations
- Aligns goals, feature sets, capabilities to business objectives for the product (i.e. Profitability, ROI, Market Penetration, Channel development, Brand Development, etc.)
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.