Product Environmental Compliance Engineer
12950 Willows Road NE Kirkland, WA 98034
Position Title: Product Environmental Compliance Engineer
Position Description: Our Kirkland client is looking for a Product Environmental Compliance Engineer to join their team for a long term contract opportunity.
- Use online computer systems and manufacturer’ s websites to research, evaluate and collect data and files related to Environmental Compliance Directives and material content of mechanical and electrical components.
- Use Omnify (the company’ s Product Lifecycle Management System) to view and retrieve company part information, bills of material, manufacturer’ s names/part numbers, and other key information about products and components.
- Prepare and archive product-level Environmental Compliance Reports (such as REACH and RoHS) and supporting documentation to ensure compliance with applicable directives.
- Coordinate material testing or engineering evaluation of material content of components if environmental compliance information is not available.
- Upload, view and download part numbers and environmental compliance information to/from IHS BOM Manager online tool. Transfer information from various data formats into different tools and/or formats (such as .xml to .xls)
- Support and maintain internal compliance processes as required to ensure a well-defined compliance program
- Participate in process improvement activities to streamline the collection and management of environmental compliance data and reporting (including RoHS, REACH and Lead-Free programs).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Environmental, Chemistry, Metallurgy or technical field
- Demonstrated ability to use conduct research on websites and various computer applications to retrieve part numbers, manufacturer data, material content and environmental compliance information.
- General experience with Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Excel; Creating spreadsheets, pivot tables, and use of formulae.
- Ability to manage and organize electronic data files (e.g., through Microsoft Windows Explorer or similar).
- Ability to calculate material composition percentage based on component or product size, weight, and substance.
- Ability to read substance declaration statements to understand the material content of a component or product, desired.
- Ability to understand engineering drawings and experience with Bills of Materials (BOMs) or Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems, desired.
- Experience with industry standards, regulations or environmental directives (including REACH, RoHS and Conflict Minerals), desired.
- Knowledge in Chemistry, desired.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.