Process Development Research Engineer
9845 Willows Road NE, Willows Commerce II Building A Redmond, WA 98052 | Contract
Position Title: Process Development Research Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Redmond, Washington. Work in the clean room environment to perform photolithography and microfabrication process development. Perform clean room processes, such as lithography, metallization, etching and material characterization. The candidate will work closely with an interdisciplinary team of engineers, scientists, and technicians in an interactive environment to develop microfabrication processes and manufacturing capability.
- Perform a full suite of microfabrication processes including; photolithography, wet and dry etch, thin film deposition and characterization.
- Improve and develop wet and dry etch processes on silicon and glass wafers
- Prepare SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) for a bunch of equipment and train engineers and scientists as needed
- Troubleshoot all assigned equipment problems, monitor operation of equipment and inventory of supplies (wafers, resists, developers, solvents, acids, etc.)
- Schedule maintenance, repair and installation of equipment as needed.
- Summarize and communicate findings accurately to engineering team and management as needed
- 3 years of hands on experience with the following processes; photolithography, wet etch, dry etch (RIE, ICP, DRIE), and thin film deposition (Sputter, E-beam, PECVD)
- Hands on experience on metrology tools: surface profiler, and thin film thickness measurement systems
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools used in lithography and process development
- Must be hands-on, team player, self-motivated and capable of completing tasks with minimum supervision in a dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of safety practices in clean room environment
- Good communication skills and capable of working efficiently in collaboration with people of various educational and technical backgrounds.
- Ability to approach unfamiliar subjects with curiosity and an eagerness to learn new skills
- Bachelor’ s degree in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, or related field required; graduate degree preferred
- Master’ s degree or PhD in Engineering, Chemistry, physics, or related field
- Have been actively working at WNF (Washington Nanofabrication Facilities) or used that facility before.
- Research experience in MEMS and soft lithography & familiarity with PDMS processing is a plus
- Strong process development and validation skills
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.