Principal Mechanical Engineer
17425 NE Union Hill Road, Suite 150 Redmond, Washington 98052 | Direct Hire
Position Title: Principal Mechanical Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting Direct Hire opportunity with our client in Redmond Washington for an experienced Principal Mechanical Engineer.
- Lead cross-functional development teams from Product Definition to Production.
- Manage external product development activities.
- Provide System Engineering support for current and future products.
- Integration of consumer insights into engineering system specifications
- Requirements definition
- Risk assessment
- Documentation of function and performance
- Overall responsibility for delivering high-technology beauty device through design process
- Mechanical design of electro-mechanical devices
- System design leadership to ensure compliance of subsytems related to formulations and packaging and other subsystems
- Analysis of mechanical tolerances for performance and manufacturability
- Rapid prototyping of proposed designs using appropriate to function processes
- Detailed design for manufacturing processes and device performance
- Assure appropriate levels of verification and validation for commercial and medical and non-medical devices
- Develop processes for efficient and effective product development
- PhD/MS, or BS in Mechanical Engineering with equivalent experience
- 15+ years of experience in device development
- 10+ years of project leadership in device development
- High level of skill in analysis based on first principles
- Demonstrated systems level engineering experience
- Successful track record of cross-functional design and product development with launched products
- Significant experience with detailed mechanical design
- Excellent CAD modeling skills, Solidworks experience preferred
- Experience with designing for injection molding and other high volume processes
- Familiarity with Electrical Engineering design and manufacturing
- Demonstrated ability to work with engineers from various disciplines
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Authorization to work in the US on an on-going basis
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.