Principal Interaction Designer
7700 Gateway Blvd Newark, California 94560 | Contract
Position Title: Principal Interaction Designer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Newark, California.
- Concept and visualize large, complex, interconnecting products and ecosystems
- Communicate with project team throughout all stages of design
- Provide team leadership with the ability to run projects with little support
- Collaborate with Business and Product Leads
- Provide support in the development of internal skills and tools to help the team stay at the forefront of our field
- Mentor other UX Designers across the team
- Occasional national and international overnight travel may be required
- Strong systems thinker with proven ability to create primary content in digital design for physical products
- Comfortable presenting designs to a cross-functional team and negotiating trade-offs
- Ability to mentor team members and invest in the growth of others.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in digital product design
- Deep knowledge of technical innovations and constraints pertaining to a variety of platforms and devices in the digital space
- Deep understanding of quality control and other techniques during a development process
- Strong knowledge of the full Adobe suite of products, Keynote, Visio, Sketch
- BA/BS in Interaction Design or a related degree from an accredited college or university
- MA and/or comparable experience preferred
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.