PLC Controls Engineer
9600 Boeckman Rd, Wilsonville, OR 97070
Position Title: PLC Controls Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Wilsonville, Oregon.
- Architects, designs, codes, tests, and maintains complex PLC software applications.
- Develops detailed software design specifications for assigned projects.
- Maintains state-of-the-art knowledge in PLC software design, testing techniques, and PLC software development tools.
- Provides design guidelines, and general and detailed software design specifications to other software engineers.
- Suggests new and innovative approaches to solving problems.
- Meets project deadlines.
- Effectively assess and communicate project risks. Deliver risk mitigation plans.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, and time management skills.
- Excellent PLC software development skills.
- Expert at PLC programming of Siemens and Allen Bradley PLCs (Beckhoff & Mitsubishi a plus)
- PLC servo motion control integration experience.
- Excellent PLC UI development skills (following SEMI standards).
- Ability to actively participate in team development and team-oriented processes and motivate others to do the same.
- Ability to startup and debug complex systems.
- Ability to read electrical schematics.
- Ability to derive solutions to complex problems.
- Able to use existing standards, procedures, and practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Use Microsoft software – Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.
- BSEE or BSME
- 5+ years recent manufacturing and machine control programming experience.
- 5+ years PLC Development experience.
- Experience integrating software with Scara and 6-Axis robots.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
Meet Your Recruiter
Sr. Technical Recruiter
I have been a Technical recruiter for over 20 years, much of that time with Protingent. My passion is teaching people how to manage their career and effectively look for work. I will keep working with a candidate until we find that right fit. I want to know what your dream job would be so I can help you find it.