PCB Design Engineer
5 Infinite Loop Cupertino, CA 95014 | Contract
Position Title: PCB Designer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Cupertino. This position will be responsible for collaborating with engineers and design teams in the design and development of complex, detailed layouts of rigid and flexible printed circuit boards using CAE and CAD applications and tools.
- Work with design teams to plan schedules, resolve costs, packaging, manufacturing, and electrical design issues.
- Proactive in implementing new PCB technologies and processes.
- Study PCB design trends and processes.
- Evaluate and implement those that apply to core technologies.
- Conduct design feasibility studies to evaluate the PCB design goals for packaging, cost, manufacturing and system performance.
- Assist lower level PCB Designer in the resolution of critical design problems.
- Train PCB Designers in specialized areas of PCB design.
- Propose PCB design trade-offs to the engineering design team for resolution and implementation.
- Complex and difficult CAD and CAE tasks requiring extensive skill and knowledge of equipment capabilities, applications techniques and design limitations.
- Understands design standards for Manufacturing and Test.
- Understands the requirements for a quality design and strives to achieve the requirements before releasing the product to manufacturing.
- Understands the driving PCB technology and process trends and their application to designs.
- Maintains technical coordination with Engineering, Products Design, Test, EMC Engineering and Manufacturing.
- Resolve PCB design issues with fabrication and manufacturing vendors.
- Proactively participates in the evolution and definition of Design For Manufacturing (DFM) guidelines.
- Participate and provide input into the PCB design specifications and standards with respect to product design, electrical design, manufacturing and various regulatory agency requirements to determine design trade-offs necessary to meet design goals and produce high quality PCB' s at the lowest cost and within schedule.
- Cadence Allegro (PCB Design Tool) a minimum of 3-5 years on this tool.
- Good Communication Skills.
- Self starter.
- Flex board experience preferred but not required
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.