Oracle Database Engineer
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025 | Contract
Position Title: Oracle Database Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Menlo Park, California.
- Well versed with Oracle databases installations, upgrades, migrations, patching, diagnosis, troubleshooting.
- Implement and support Oracle Exadata
- Implement and support Oracle RAC/ASM
- Implement high availability and disaster recovery for Oracle databases
- Administer and support Oracle Databases
- Implement pro-active monitoring and alerting
- Provide day-to-day operations, production support and 24x7 on-call
- Proactive monitoring, administration, and planning for our critical financial databases.
- Provide Technical design documentation, installation guide, best practices and weekly project status documentation
- Should be able to adapt to DevOps model.
- Oracle Core DBA skills consisting of but not limited to:
- Oracle Exadata
- Oracle RAC
- Oracle Physical Standby
- Issues Troubleshooting
- Performance Tuning
- SQL Tuning
- Oracle APPS DBA, other database flavors is a plus.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.