Optical Test Engineer 2
1 Microsoft Way Studio A and Studio X (Lab) Redmond, Washington 98052 | Contract
Position Title: Optical Test Engineer 2
Our Eastside client is currently seeking an Optical Test Engineer 2 for a long term contract.
- Design and implement complex optical test experiments under the direction of senior optical test engineers.
- Setup and execute optical validation tests per written procedure or instruction.
- Perform data analysis and test results summary for presentation to the broader team. Generate formal test reports as needed.
- Assist in development of new optical test setups, including recommending test methods and identifying required test equipment.
- BS degree in Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in testing consumer products; 3 years of experience testing optical components or devices.
- Experience designing, procuring parts, configuring, and validating up new test setups.
- Working knowledge of image quality metrics, optical characterization, and optical test hardware.
- Experience with image quality evaluation and imaging science, statistical analysis, correlation and GRR.
- MS in Engineering.
- Basic knowledge of optics, imaging, photography, lasers, etc.
- Experience with image processing and algorithm development. Experience with high volume production and test processes.
- Experience with hardware testing, system bring up, and design validation.
- Knowledge of optical metrology instruments (imaging, colorimeter, spectrometer, etc.).
- Strong problem solving, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Proficiency with statistical analysis methodologies and tools such as JMP and MS Excel desired.
- Experience with manufacturing test requirements in a high volume manufacturing environment is highly desirable.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.