Optical Software Engineer
22908 NE Alder Crest Drive, Suite 100 Redmond, Washington 98053 | Direct Hire
Position Title: Optical Software Engineer
Position Description: Protingent has a direct hire opportunity for an Optical Software Engineer at our client in Redmond, WA.
- Experience in software programming
- The practical and theoretical aspects of light measurement
- Various scientific modeling software
- Elementary electrical engineering principles
- Software control of scientific hardware.
- BS or higher in Physics or a related technical discipline (i.e. Math, Engineering, Computer Science)
- Expertise programming applications in .NET with VB and C#
- Writing and implementing communication protocols using standard communication conduits including RS-232 and TCP/IP
- MATLAB proficiency
- Experience in optical engineering and/or light and color measurement techniques
- Image processing experience
- Strong mathematical skills
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, and organizational skills
- International and domestic travel generally up to approximately 20% of the time
- Ability to interface equally well with customers, sales staff, product development engineers, as well as production managers in a team oriented environment
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.