Optical Fiber Engineer
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025 | Contract
Position Title: Optical Fiber Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Menlo Park, California.
- Provide technical guidance for all fiber related issues and escalations
- Project manage team that performs Fiber Characterization testing
- Develop fiber standards and acceptance criteria for dark fiber
- Work with fiber providers to improve fiber loss, reflectance, and other issues
- Build quality control around fiber delivery ensuring minimal issues for deployment teams
- Lead documentation efforts around dark fiber
- Provide signal to deployment teams about current fiber inventory and estimated fiber delivery dates
- Audit current dark fiber inventory and document findings
- Experience with fiber delivery - OSP/ISP.
- Understand physical site requirements for optical transport installation, power, space, and fiber.• Basic knowledge of DWDM technologies
- Ability to run and analyze OTDR traces
- Experience ordering dark fiber cross connects from 3rd party colocations
- Experience troubleshooting fiber issues
- Ability to manage workload of a small team of engineers
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.