1 Microsoft Way A/4566 Redmond, Washington 98052 | Contract
Position Title: Optical Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Redmond, WA
This position requires a high level of experience in developing metrology and process for next generation optical systems including but not limited to imaging and display. The goal of this position is to create tools and processes to enable production of optical systems during development cycle and mass production.
- Assist in the development of product specifications, design reviews and analyses, manufacturability assessments, risk analysis and contingency plans.
- Translate product specifications into optical subsystem requirements.
- Define process and metrology requirements to guarantee optical performance.
- Develop the infrastructure including process and metrology with suppliers to support development cycle and mass production.
- Transfer process and tooling from equipment vendor to high volume manufacturer in Asia.
- Apply statistical process control (SPC) methodologies to monitor and improve yields.
- Develop new metrology and process capabilities required to support next generation product development.
- MS or PhD in Optical Science, Physics, Mechanical Engineering, or related degrees with 7+ years relevant experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills - cross-group and cross-culture collaboration.
- Proven capability to develop metrology tools to characterize optical performance.
- 7+ years of industry related experience to include the system development of optical systems, lens design, illumination design, tooling, and high volume manufacturing assembly lines.
- Some knowledge of a broad range of optics including imaging, illumination, radiometry and photometry, physical and geometric optics, statistics, and polarization. Working knowledge of sources (lasers and LED’ s), diffractive optics, optical materials, and thin films optics.
- A documented history of increasing responsibilities and decision-making experience.
- Experience developing high-volume (in millions a year) consumer products preferred.
- Working knowledge and experience with color science and colorimetry.
- Experience developing high-volume optical related products preferred.
- International travel up to 50% required.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidate
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.