Operations/Supply Chain Manager
6324 S. 199th Place, Suite 107 Kent, Washington 98032 | Contract
Position Title: Operations/Supply Chain Manager
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Redmond Washington for an experienced Operations/Supply Chain Manager.
- Directs manufacturing using best practices consistent with quality, performance and financial standards.
- Manages daily activities and logistics associated with purchasing of raw materials, supplies, and equipment including cost analysis, vendor management, negotiation and stock level planning.
- Orders and receives all raw materials.
- Ensures production adheres to ISO 13485 requirements as well as best practices.
- Communicates regularly with sales and marketing team regarding order fulfillment, inventory stock levels, material costs, and product support.
- Leads, guides, directs, and evaluates the work of the members of the shipping and production team.
- Develops performance measurements and monitors productivity. Identifies training and development plans.
- Participates in engineering and product development meetings and projects as required.
- Provides production reports to management as requested.
- Encourages, establishes, and maintains a good working relationship with all staff. Supports a performance-based company culture that is rewarding for the employee and the company in an atmosphere of open communication and accountability.
- Other responsibilities and requirements may be assigned to this position as necessary to ensure company success and profitability. This position description is not intended to limit the role of this position.
- Bachelor’ s degree, preferably in operations, business or a related field, else seven or more years’ manufacturing experience.
- Five or more years of materials planning and purchasing experience preferred.
- Two or more years’ experience with lean manufacturing principles and tools preferred.
- Knowledge of financial and performance measures, operations methods and production planning is preferred.
- MS Word, Excel and Outlook proficiency required.
- Strong written and oral communications skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences, including customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and detail orientated.
- Ability to thrive on managing multiple priorities concurrently.
- Experience in an ISO manufacturing environment is strongly preferred.
- Experience in small, growing companies a plus.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.