Operations Program Manager - Pre-Operations
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, California 94025 | Contract
Position Title: Operations Program Manager - Pre-Operations
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Menlo Park, CA.
The Infrastructure Support & Operations Services (ISOS) team designs, implements and continuously evolves systems and processes to support all aspects of the Data Center Operations function. In order to meet this need, the ISOS team provides program management support of critical tools initiatives. We are looking for a Program Manager to focus on the pre-ops area and help integrate currently disparate process, schedule, and documentation workflows. The right candidate will add structure and consistency to our ecosystem of business critical outputs and dependencies and support our decision making, system of checks & balances, and communication needs with automated tools. The position is based in our main office in Menlo Park, CA
- Work with stakeholders to identify and document roadmap/vision for all of the lifecycle tools within the evolving Data Center ecosystem
- Manage all aspects of the program - scoping, success metrics, execution, launch and communications
- Conduct gap analysis on what tools/processes are missing/required to meet the larger objectives
- Work with Legal, InfoSec and IT sourcing teams to complete vendor security assessments and contract execution for platforms and applications identified for Pre-Operations support.
- Identify key metrics/measures that will be used to evaluate success and validate the business impact of the program
- Align cross-functional stakeholders on objectives and goals for the program, gather and prioritize requirements.
- Define and document the end-to-end business processes(workflows) used today and identify where and how tooling solutions will aid with streamlining and scaling the process
- Work with the various engineering teams to design and develop a scalable solution that meets the goals and objectives
- Oversee testing (functional, non-functional, user-acceptance etc.)
- Manage expectations of all interested parties define clear program with key deliverable and milestone dates
- Maintain program status wiki pages and provide frequent program updates Identify and communicate risks and adjustments to the overall program
- Oversee deployment tasks (tactical cut over activities) as well as training for all support teams
- Be independent and thorough in examination and analysis, alongside results oriented
- Foster a culture of data driven decision making
- Drive towards problem resolution despite ambiguity or uncertainty
- Build relationships, gain consensus, remove tension/roadblocks and focus on the solution
- 6+ years work experience in Project Management with a demonstrated track
- 6+ record of delivering business value using technology solutions in
- 6+ high-tech operations space
- Proven project management, inter-personal, and communication skills, with attention to detail
- Must have project management experience in building scalable, enterprise tooling initiatives, defining roadmaps and translating strategic initiatives into tactical, objective programs
- Experience in collaborating with stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- Must be familiar with the scrum methodology
- Analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and organizational skills with focus under pressure
- Organizational and time management skills
- Must be proactive with proven ability to execute on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Having worked in datacenter environment is a plus.
- Some travel will be required (including international travel)
- Bachelor s degree in MIS, computer science, or related field
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.