Operations Program Manager - Logistics & Inventory
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, California 94025 | Contract
Position Title: Operations Program Manager – Logistics & Inventory
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Menlo Park, CA.
We are seeking a mid-level Program Manager to manage and support several of our Infrastructure teams including Facility Operations (FacOps), Data Center Connectivty (DCC), and Site Services (SiteSvcs) Logistics teams. The position is based in our main office in Menlo Park, CA with minimal travel requirements.
The specific role is intended to provide both strategic management and tactical level support to an effort to optimize our spares inventory procurement to best support our maintenance battle rhythm. The effort will initially focus on setting the foundation by managing internal and out-sourced efforts to develop Bill of Materials (BOMs) for all FacOps & DCC assets within our DCs. The BOM will identify every single sub-component or part that comprises an Asset. As we are continuing to build out DCs, add new assets to the arsenal, and de-conflicting which parts are shared across multiple assets there are many moving pieces to understand and track. Beyond that there are many upstream and downstream stakeholders that need to be informed on the status of these efforts. We are seeking someone that can effectively interface with senior levels to status the effort, roll up their sleeves and get involved to move the ball forward to achieve the mission objectives.
- Dive into field BOM data files to identify gaps in systems of record such as Agile system in order to develop a master parts catalog for DCC and that can be integrated into procurement and design tools
- Process map the end to end process to develop and fully utilize BOMs identifying owners, estimated timelines, and success criteria for each process step
- Track and report on BOM creation for the existing FacOps Asset list so that leadership can understand very clearly what is complete, what is pending, and estimated delivery timelines
- Business Process Re-engineering by looking to identify and address issues and inefficiencies in the process
- Continuous Process Improvement through iterations during execution in both BOM creation for existing Assets and moving the BOM creation and collection process step further up stream in the process without impacting other delivery goals
- Work closely across cross-functional Infrastructure teams to understand and mitigate delivery risk
- Develop and implement Quality Control (QC) and Quality Assurance (QA) measures to ensure BOMs are being developed to standards and in the most efficient way
- Research and Data Analysis may be required to achieve the desired outcomes
- Champion and provide oversight for related initiatives during the delivery process and provide direct project management activities (e.g. run weekly syncs, set agendas, plan and execute against a project schedule, capture/post meeting minutes, and track open action items to closure)
- Manage expectations of all interested parties
- Define clear program with key deliverable and milestone dates.
- Use multiple communication channels for providing program updates to various stakeholders.
- Identify and communicate risks and adjustments to the overall program
- Foster a culture of data driven decision making
- Drive towards problem resolution despite ambiguity or uncertainty
- Build relationships, gain consensus, remove tension/roadblocks and focus on the solution
- Bachelor' s degree in business, logistics / supply chain, data analytics, or other related field
- 4+ years work experience in Project Management or Business Process
- 4+ REengineering with a demonstrated track record of delivering value
- 4+ with transparency into reporting
- 2+ years of work experience supporting logistics, supply chain, DC
- 2+ operations, or facilities
- Proven risk management, inter-personal, and communication skills, with high attention to detail
- Project management experience in building roadmaps and translating strategic initiatives into tactical, objective programs
- Ability to collaborate with cross functional partners across an organization and geographies
- Can do attitude with a willingness and interest in " roling up your sleeves" in order to understand and accomplish all necessary tasks
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Visio, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Word
- Able to travel (including international travel)
- Lean Six Sigma training
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.