Network Operations Technician
525 Market St San Francisco, CA 94105
Position Title: Network Operations Technician
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting long-term contract opportunity with our client in San Francisco, California. The position will focus on the core functions of network application and security support, maintenance, administration and reporting. This individual will be required to apply solid technical and problem solving skills in any situation. Through initiative, leadership.
- Primary – Monitor alerts from various alerting systems, Nagios, Solarwinds, Cacti
- Correlate alerts and take proactive measures
- Participate in very active Live Skype chat regarding retail issues and provide input as well as verification/troubleshooting.
- Implement Solarwinds features and adjust monitoring as needed
- Evaluate, recommend and integrate new security technology and tools by conducting feasibility studies and proof of concepts
- Ensures that acquired or developed systems and architectures are consistent with the organization' s security architecture guidelines
- Take escalation tickets from Tier2 Helpdesk and Desktop Team for incidents and requests
- Troubleshoot and administer security services, including External/Internal DNS, SSL certificates
- Strong understanding of IT Governance Controls
- Management of next generation firewalls (PAN+Fortinet)
- Troubleshoot and administer acl requests issues, < 5 ACL issues per day.
- Troubleshoot and administer juniper SSL VPN, video conferencing issues, wireless related issues (Aruba).
- Monitor alerts in Outlook inbox from various monitoring systems, including Solarwinds, Nagios, Splunk, etc.
- Review and approve system and network designs to ensure compliance with corporate security policies and security best practices
- Provide day-to-day support of the LAN, WAN, and WLAN network
- Perform scheduled and emergency network maintenance
- Manage and maintain network and security documentation through collaborative applications
- Proactively identify, isolate and resolve network problems to avoid minimal impact to the business
- Perform internal audits and reviews to ensure compliance with all security policies
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- 6+ years of experience with networking and security technologies
- 8+ years of overall information technology experience
- Bachelors degree in technology related field or equivalent experience
- SSL Certificate administration
- Ability to work in a fast paced Operations team and organization, preferably retail environment.
- Solid foundation in web security, mobile security, penetration testing and cryptography
- Experience with troubleshooting and managing firewalls, especially Palo Alto and Fortinet
- Must love to document and update Visio Diagrams
- Experience in the setup, tuning and management of security appliances (next gen firewalls, IPS/IDS, ACS, web filters)
- Experience with VPN technologies (both IPSec and SSL)
- Aruba and/or Cisco Wireless Experience a plus.
- Experience in WAN environments, installing and troubleshooting circuit problems (MPLS, OCxx, T1, DS3) and traffic shaping/QoS
- Familiar with Layer 3 routing (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, HSRP, VRRP) and Layer 4-8 troubleshooting
- Knowledge of diagnostic networking tools (do you know how to read a packet capture)
- Knowledge of enterprise monitoring applications. Splunk or Nagios experience extremely helpful
- Flexibility in work schedule, off-hours for project implementation and 7 by 24 on-call support
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required
- Must be results orientated, self-motivated and posses high-energy
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
Sr. Technical Recruiter
I have been a Technical recruiter for over 20 years, much of that time with Protingent. My passion is teaching people how to manage their career and effectively look for work. I will keep working with a candidate until we find that right fit. I want to know what your dream job would be so I can help you find it.