Network Engineer IV
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, California 94025 | Contract
Position Title: Network Engineer IV
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Menlo Park, CA.
- Experience with NOC environments and working to SLAs
- Experience with routing and switching technologies and protocols including TCP/IP, STP, VLAN, VRRP, CDP, LLDP, BGP, ISIS, OSPF, and MPLS
- Experience with Enterprise and Service Provider network hardware platforms and architectures, including Cisco and Juniper routers/switches and Nexus data center switching platforms
- Experience with IPv6 and familiarity with programming/scripting languages is strongly desired
- Solid understanding of Queue Management for tasks and incidents, vendor
- Experience with work in POPs, carrier hotels, or Central Office environments.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent time management and organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex situations and utilize troubleshooting skills, systems and tools, and creative problem solving abilities under pressure
- Familiarity with Content Delivery Networks and POP architecture.
- Solid understanding of fiber-optic technology including cable types, connector types, optic types, patch panels, and optical transport technologies.
- Proficiency in Linux operating system
- Excellent communication skills, should be able to work with service providers and colocation facilities around the world
- Ability to work within a global team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with limited supervision
- Ability to capture and analyze traffic.
- Certification such as CCNA/CCNP, JNCIA/JNCIS, RHCSA or equivalent experience preferred.
- Weekend and shift may be required
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Sr. Technical Recruiter
I have been a Technical recruiter for over 20 years, much of that time with Protingent. My passion is teaching people how to manage their career and effectively look for work. I will keep working with a candidate until we find that right fit. I want to know what your dream job would be so I can help you find it.