Network Engineer IV
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025 | Contract
Position Title: Network Engineer IV
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Menlo Park, California.
- Schedule and perform caching appliance deployments, testing, and repair.
- Manage project timelines to support turn-up within expected completion intervals.
- Proactively contribute to automation and processes as they evolve.
- Work closely with Traffic Engineering teams as new equipment and technologies are integrated into the production network.
- Use internal tools and scripts to configure, monitor, and repair services.
- Perform detailed troubleshooting remotely, engage and manage vendors as needed to resolve hardware issues.
- Monitor incident queue, take ownership or distribute to team members
- Work with ISPs to turn up new capacity.
- Engage and or escalate as needed to troubleshoot out-of-service nodes.
- Participate in on call activities and follow escalation process to support the infrastructure 24/7
- 5+ years of network operations experience while supporting large-scale service provider, datacenter, and/or enterprise network infrastructure.
- Experience with Content Delivery Networks and Internet Peering strategies.
- Experience in Linux operating systems.
- Experience with routing and switching technologies and protocols, particularly TCP/IP, IPv6, BGP.
- Experience to capture and analyze traffic.
- Experience with engagement, escalation, and participation in ongoing deployment projects.
- Experience in Queue Management for tasks, incidents and vendors.
- Experience in fiber-optic technology including cable types, connector types, optic types, patch panels, and optical transport technologies.
- Experience in analyzing situations, troubleshooting, systems and tools, and problem solving.
- Programming and scripting capabilities are strongly desired.
- Ability to work within a global team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.