10801 120th Ave NE #200 Kirkland, WA 98033 | Direct Hire
Position Title: RF Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting Direct Hire opportunity with our client in Kirkland, Washington for an experienced RF Engineer
- Evaluate and qualify active and passive microwave and millimeter wave components to be integrated in Holographic beamforming antennas systems
- Model and simulation RF systems to predict performance
- Write and evaluate test plans and procedure for microwave and millimeter wave components
- Design test fixtures for evaluation of components.
- Analyze data and present critical performance metrics
- Conduct failure analysis and debugging of component, sub-system and system assemblies.
- Conduct and review preliminary designs of sub-system assemblies.
- Revise designs as required to achieve product performance and product goals.
- Support design, test and manufacturing of existing microwave and millimeter wave product
- • 10+ years of practical industry experience in RF, microwave, millimeter wave product design as an Electrical Engineer, RF Engineer, Microwave Engineer, Millimeter Wave Engineer, Principal Engineer or related title
• EE degree required, advanced degree from top tier school strongly preferred
• Proficiency in basic RF concepts such as impedance matching, smith chart, transmission line theory
• Waveguide circuit design experience
• Knowledge of digital communication formats (e.g. QAM, OFDM)
• Thorough working knowledge of design principals from 6 to 86 GHz preferred
• Hands-on experience with measurement techniques and use of vector spectrum analyzers, vector signal generators, network analyzers, power meters and other industry standard RF test equipment
• Working experience with power amplifiers, mixers, LNAs, filters, couplers, switches, VVAs, IQ modulator and demodulator, ADC, DAC, Baseband amplifiers/filters and synthesizers
• Thorough knowledge of cascade analysis of receiver and transmitter chains
• Ability to optimize gain, NF and linearity
• VSWR experience
• ADS or Microwave office tool experience r
• This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.