Mechanical Fixture Design Engineer
1075 La Avenida Mountain View, California 94043 | Contract
Position Title: Mechanical Fixture Design Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Mountain View, California. Seeking a mechanical fixture design engineer with a strong understanding of the principles of developing automated test fixtures for consumer electronics products. Candidate must have extensive knowledge of physical measurements using automated test equipment. Background in the verification of electro-mechanical components highly desired.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years' experience in designing test fixtures at both component and system levels.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical measurements including force, torque and dimensional verification
- Experience in designing automated test fixtures and robotic systems with electric motor and pneumatic controls
- Proficiency with standard mechanical measurement devices
- Expert with solid modeling programs (ProE/SolidWorks)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience using LabView
- Electronic consumer product life and design verification testing background
- Experience in hardware prototype bring-up, debug, fault detection, failure analysis and yield improvement
- Knowledge electro-mechanical components (switches, encoders, connectors, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in working with cross functional groups including EE, ME, optics and software both internally and externally
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.