12777 W. Jefferson Blvd., Suite 102A Los Angeles, CA 90066
Position Title: Mechanical Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Los Angeles.
- Develop mechanical harware designs from initial concepts through early trades, sizing analyses, component selection, refinement of design details, drawing generation, hardware procurement, first-article inspection, assembly and integration, and performance / environment qualification testing.
- Perform mechanical hardware analysis, including structural, vibration, and thermal analysis.
- Generate thorough design documentation, including design review slides, analysis reports, fabrication & assembly drawings, assembly and test procedures, etc.
- Design performance characterization and environmental qualification test setups, including both hardware design and test procedures
- Proficient in CAD design using SolidWorks, including parts, assemblies, drawing generation, and configuration management.
- Proficient in tolerance analysis and GD&T.
- Familiarity with any (preferably all) of the following: precision hardware and mechanisms, opto-mechanical design and analysis, gimbals and optical pointing systems, space and airborne systems, payload / platform integration, environmental testing (vibration, thermal cycling, thermal vacuum, etc.).
- Familiarity / experience with design for manufacturability / design to cost
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.