1251 Folsom St. San Francisco, CA 94103 | Direct Hire
We are looking for a Manufacturing Technician to manufacture parts using fiberglass, carbon fiber, and other materials according to drawings and specifications. Ideal candidates are proficient with mechanical machinery and have good interpersonal skills to assist with troubleshooting and process improvements.
- Fabricate and assemble products from composite materials and parts by hand and using automated equipment.
- Track, record, and document work process, materials inventory, and product success/performance.
- Clean and prepare molds; assist resin transfer molding.
- Finish composite parts and prepare for shipment.
- Perform additional tasks as directed.
- Must be able to read blueprints and follow written and verbal instructions to create parts using composite materials and resins in specific quantities.
- Will also be required to trim, cut, and sand using industrial tools.
- Will typically work in a production environment and use protective gear such as safety glasses, goggles, gloves, and shop coats.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as collaborate in a team environment to complete production objectives in a timely manner.
- Must always follow strict safety guidelines to avoid accidents.
- Be organized and pay close attention to detail, as finalized parts must conform to customer requirements.
- Should also have basic computer skills to log materials, quantities, and completed work as required.
- Work is performed primarily on a production floor, with some office/computer time.
- Must be able to stand on their feet for several hours at a time.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50lbs.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to read blue prints / drawings.
- Perform basic shop math.
- Prior experience operating machinery in manufacturing or a related field preferred.