Manufacturing Quality Engineer
Redmond, WA 98052
Position Title: Manufacturing Quality Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Redmond Washington for an experienced Manufacturing Quality Engineer.
- Develops processes and procedures to support quality management system deployment that meets ISO 9001 standards and sets the stage for IATF 16949 compliance.
- Reviews design documentation and contracts for compliance to stated requirements according to company policies and procedures.
- Creates and review manufacturing control plans and PFMEAs
- Develops and maintain manufacturing quality performance metrics.
- Drives product containment actions, communicates significant quality issues and provide recommended corrective actions and process improvement to management for product quality issues.
- Leads multi-disciplinary teams in rapid problem solving, root cause and failure analysis activities
- Communication abilities including verbal and written communication, the willingness to discuss questions or uncertainties in job assignments and to be able to positively interact with co-workers.
- Ability to travel up to 30% both foreign and domestic.
- B.S. from an accredited institution in Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Material Science, Physics, Physical Electronics or related fields.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in quality engineering role.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience working with assembly personnel in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in coordinating quality activities with off-site contract manufacturing quality entity
- Automotive or Aerospace quality background desired
- Lean six sigma and statistical analysis package (e.g. minitab or JMP) competency required.
- Experience with Statistical Process Control, Corrective Action Board, Material Review Board, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, Root Cause Corrective Action, 8D process and DMAIC required.
- ISO 9001 Internal Auditor highly desired
- Experience leading an ISO or other quality system certification highly desired
- Ability to communicate information using standard Microsoft applications including Excel, Word, Office, Power Point, Project and Visio.
- Ability to use company-wide tools and systems to execute the key duties and responsibilities of the job.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.