Lead Production Assembler
Redmond, WA 98052
Position Title: Lead Production Assembler
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Redmond Washington for an experienced Lead Assembler.
- Assembles components into complex electromechanical assemblies using released assembly instructions, mechanical drawings and process specifications with minimal supervision.
- Utilizes small hand tools, calibrated instruments, measurement equipment, microscopes, and custom fixtures, tools and assembly aids.
- Leads other assemblers with little supervision from the production supervisor to accomplish daily production goals
- Activity participates and leads continuous production improvement projects (5S and lean manufacturing)
- Coordinates completion and closure of Oracle work orders with planner/scheduler and supply chain lead.
- Performs in-process quality checks on sub-assemblies or finished products.
- Completes and maintains required records/documentation related to quality, work in progress, test results and labor.
- Displays good eye/hand coordination and dexterity to work on small parts and assemblies
- Demonstrates the highest ethical standards, actively promotes trust, respect and integrity in all dealings both inside and outside the Company.
- Adaptable to dynamic, challenging job responsibilities.
- Displays excellent teamwork and ability to interact with a wide range of employees (material handling, quality, engineering, test).
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Trains other assemblers as needed.
- Ability to work overtime, including evenings and weekends on occasion, is desired.
- Must work precisely according to procedures, rules/regulations and have a passion for continuous improvement and quality.
- SMT solder rework experience highly desired
- Oracle/SAP work order experience highly desired
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend English is required.
- Ability to read and work from engineering drawings, written procedures and verbal instructions is essential.
- Ability to communicate information using standard Microsoft applications including Excel, Word, Office, Power Point, Project and Visio.
- Ability to use company-wide tools and systems to execute the key duties and responsibilities of the job.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in precision mechanical and/or electrical components assembly in an ISO certified manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a manufacturing leadership role
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.