Kirkland, WA #
Position Title: Instructional Designer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract to hire opportunity with our client in Kirkland, Washington for an experienced Instructional Designer.
- Applies knowledge of instructional design theory and adult learning best practices to advocate for and design course content, working with subject matter experts as an eLearning specialist
- In collaboration with the Director of Training and Development, develop quality instructional design standards to be applied to projects for a global audience. Applies these quality standards to every project.
- Establish templates and style guides, driving the look and feel of our virtual learning experiences.
- Develop storyboards, virtual learning experiences, job aids, scripts, videos, and other instructional materials that achieve business and performance goals
- Experience working with complex content and designing eLearning or asynchronous learning experiences for a global audience
- Demonstrates ability to use judgement in advocating for and selecting learning solutions to address behavior change.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback; experience with making judicious decisions regarding SME and user feedback.
- Demonstrates strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of instructional technologies and is demonstrably proficient in the use of eLearning tools such as video editing software, Captivate, Storyline and Camtasia
- Demonstrated proficiency of instructional systems design and adult learning principals
- Experience with implementation and testing of adult learning principals
- Demonstrates proficiency in implementing best practices in adult learning into design
- Self-motivated, organized and meticulous attention to detail; has an owner mentality of the work
- Accountable team player
- Familiar with agile development methodology
- Experience developing training in the technology industry or persons with a technical background
- Experience working with complex content and designing training for multiple delivery modalities (traditional classroom, online classroom, and self-paced eLearning modules) for a global audience
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.