Infrastructure Strategy Data Engineer
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, California 94025 | Contract
Position Title: Infrastructure Strategy Data Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Menlo Park, CA. We have many opportunities to work with data each and every day. How would you like to work on data and build some of the tools that are critical to moving & transforming this data into valuable & insightful information? If so, this is the right job for you. Our Infrastructure Strategy team works very closely with all aspects of Infra data, both internal and external. We are looking for a Data Engineer with the Software Engineering chops to not only build data pipelines to efficiently and reliably move data across systems, but also to build the next generation of data tools to enable us to take full advantage of this data. In this role, your work will broadly influence the company' s data consumers and analysts. You will get the opportunity to work with focused and scaled objectives in a company that has some of the most challenging problems to tackle.
- Build data expertise and own data quality for the pipelines you build Architect, build and launch new data models that provide intuitive analytics to your customers
- Design, build and launch extremely efficient & reliable data pipelines to move data (both large and small amounts) to our Data Warehouse
- Design and develop new systems and tools to enable folks to consume and understand data faster
- Use your expert coding skills across a number of languages from Python, Java and PHP Build framework for auditing, error logging & master data management for your pipelines
- Work across multiple teams in high visibility roles and own the solution end-to-end
- 5+ years of Python development experience. Experience with more than 1
- 5+ language is preferred years of SQL (Oracle, Vertica, Hive, etc.)
- 2+ years of Data Modeling
- Ability to analyze data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies.
- 5+ years of experience in custom or structured (i.e. Informatica/Ab
- 5+ Initio/Talend/Pentaho) ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- Experience working with either a MapReduce or a MPP system on any size/scale.
- Communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights.
- BS or MS in CE/EE/CSE or computational sciences
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
- Interface with engineers, product managers and product analysts to understand data needs.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.